Sugar Plums
I’ve always wanted to make sugar plums, I' don’t recall ever having them before and I have no idea if this is close to the original variety or not, but when I found this recipe I thought it was quite doable. It turns out that these remind me of one very delicious thing…Larabars!!
For now these are still fresh in the fridge, but when I package them up to give to my favorite Gluten-free friend, Kelly, I plan to dust them with snow (aka powdered sugar).
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped)
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (chopped)
- 1/2 cup dried figs (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
1. Pulse nuts and dried fruits in a food processor. Add honey and spices and pulse until slightly sticky clumps form.
2. Roll small balls out of the mixture.
3. Dust with powdered sugar.
Comments